Friday, March 16, 2007

Andy Barker, P.I. ~ Raines


Last night, I watched the two new NBC shows: Andy Barker, P.I., and Raines. Here's my opinion on each...

~* TV Show Review *~



Andy Barker, P.I.
I'm not a big fan of Andy Richter. Aside from one episode of Arrested Development, I can't think of any character played by him that I actually like. However, I can't just ignore a show with "Baby Buster" as one of it's stars, (that's Tony Hale to those of you who've never seen AD). So I decided to give it a chance, and I was pleasantly surprised. It doesn't suck! It actually has some potential, and I think I'll keep watching it for a while... just to see where it goes. If nothing else, I kind of like Andy Richter in this role.

~.[.~.[ ~*~ ].~.].~


Raines
I love Jeff Goldblum. I think he's a good actor, and aside from "The Fly" I like most of his movies. When an actor transitions from movies to television, you never know how it will turn out for them. It's the same for actors who leave a hit show, and start a new one. Example: "Friends". It was a great show, and when it ended, the spin-off "Joey" was born. When something like that happens, I feel almost obligated to watch... like some kind of fan-loyalty to the actor. I tried to like "Joey". I really did... but it was not a good show, and after a while I just couldn't watch anymore. At least I gave it a fair chance.

This is a similar situation. I watched Raines, and I hoped for the best. The first half of the show was nothing remarkable; it didn't really stand out from similar shows. The second half, however, got a lot better. I think Jeff Goldblum did a really wonderful job, and he made the character believable. The end of the episode has a nice twist... one even I didn't see coming. I liked it.

You can watch both shows on NBC.com.

http://www.nbc.com/Video/rewind/full_episodes/andybarker.shtml
http://www.nbc.com/NBC_First_Look/



~*Quote of the day*~

Seeing a murder on television can help work off one's antagonisms. And if you haven't any antagonisms, the commercials will give you some.
Alfred Hitchcock


~*Word of the day*~

Sumimasen

(soo-mee-mah-sen) (Japanese)

Meaning: Excuse me.


Currently Listening to... "Country Roads, Take Me Home" - Hermes House Band

3 comments:

Nikki Neurotic said...

I haven't heard of either show.

Sebastien Millon said...

Summimasen is a great phrase. Oh, and you gotta love Hitchcock, guy had a great sense of humor, sooo British.

Moonbeam Baby said...

I love Hitchcock... he was a (slightly twisted) genius.