Saturday, March 31, 2007

Rocky Balboa


~ Movie Review ~

Rocky Balboa
I've never seen any of the previous Rocky movies, so I won't even try to compare this one to the original. This movie can stand on it's own, so it doesn't matter too much if (like me) you've never seen the older movies in the series. It was really good. Who doesn't love a good underdog story? I could guess the outcome of Rocky's match, and it didn't disappoint. Sylvester Stallone has still got it. Milo Ventimiglia (from Heroes) was really good in the role of Rocky's son, even though he's kind of a jerk at the beginning.
I'm now planning on watching all of the Rocky movies.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Former heavyweight champion Rocky Balboa (Sylvester Stallone) steps out of retirement and back into the ring, pitting himself against a new rival decades after his initial glory. When a computer simulated boxing match declares Rocky Balboa the victor over current champion Mason "The Line" Dixon, the legendary fighter's passion and spirit are reignited. But when his desire to fight in small, regional competitions is trumped by promoters calling for a rematch of the cyber-fight, Balboa must weigh the mental and physical risks of a high profile exhibition match against his need to be in the ring.
(From Yahoo! Movies)
I give this movie 3 and a half out of 5 stars. ***'

~*Quote of the day*~

If we could read the secret history of our enemies we should find in each man's life sorrow and suffering enough to disarm all hostility.



~*Words of the day*~

Ikaga deshita ka?
(Japanese)

Meaning: How've you been?


Currently Listening to... "Trainwreck" - Sarah McLachlan

3 comments:

Sebastien Millon said...

Haven't seen the previous Rockys!? Oh, they are good fun. I have yet to see the last one, I must admit I haven't been all that excited to see it, but it seems like lots of people liked it.

Nikki Neurotic said...

Milo just might make it worth it.

Moonbeam Baby said...

I wasn't looking forward to it either. I thought it was a movie doomed to fail, and I only watched it because I was talked into it. I'm glad I did... I really enjoyed it.