Monday, April 2, 2007

Something different...


I've been writing this blog since December 31st of last year, and so far it has been mostly reviews for books and movies. Today I want to do something different. I want to talk about me. Prepare for random ramblings...

For those of you who are return visitors, you have probably noticed by now that my "Word of the Day" is always Japanese. Maybe you've wondered if I'm Japanese? I'm not. I'm just a southern girl from the heart of Dixie. A lot of people might think that learning to speak the language of a country that you will probably never visit is a waste of time. However, it does come in handy when you are watching Japanese anime with no subtitles. : )



A little known fact about me: I've kept a list of every book I've read since January of 2001. The list includes the title, author, number of pages, date finished, and personal star rating for each book. The list is 16 pages long --- front and back. 338 books so far, not counting the two I'm reading right now. The average is around 50 books a year. That's almost a book a week.



Did anyone catch the Suns vs. Mavericks game? The Suns are on fire! You have to love Steve Nash; he's such an amazing point guard. Nobody can move the ball like Nash. I always feel a little bad for the team that loses, (I'm too soft hearted), but you know it had to be hard for Dirk Nowitzki to lose to a former teammate (Nash). There was no way I was going to miss the match up of the two MVP candidates. It was a great game, and I'm looking forward to the Suns/Lakers game. Kobe Bryant is impressive, but I will always cheer for The Suns.

3 comments:

Nikki Neurotic said...

That is a lot of books. I'm impressed!

By the way, you've got tagged with a meme.

Sebastien Millon said...

Woohoo! Go Suns... I'm soft hearted too, I feel bad for Dirk, but who knows, we'll see what happens in the playoffs!

I too love reading. I never thought of keeping a list like that, might be nice to do because then you can remember what and when you read something...

Moonbeam Baby said...

Silver - My first meme! Thanks : )

Sebastien -
It's funny, when I wrote that comment on your blog about The Suns, I had totally forgotten that you're from Phoenix!

The book list comes in handy. I'm the kind of person who re-reads my favorite books over and over.