Saturday, April 28, 2007

Hooray ~ My computer's still alive...


My computer has been screwing with me all day. Earlier, it locked up completely and I was forced to do an emergency reboot. When it finally came back on, it tried to start in Safe Mode. I hate it when it does that. As it was slowly starting back up, I started thinking about all the stuff that I haven't made copies of yet. I promised myself that if my computer would start (without going to the "blue screen of death") I would immediately start making backup files. That's what I've been doing for the last hour. It's taking forever, because my hard drive is buried under piles of home movies and digital photos. My poor computer is in dire need of a major overhaul. I've been putting it off for so long, because the task seems so daunting. I still have a lot of things to do (move, copy, and/or delete various files) , but I'll probably stop for the night... my wrist is starting to hurt.

4 comments:

Sebastien Millon said...

Good idea to backup files. I really really need to do that. My sister spilled water on her computer and killed it just the other day... I guess computers do die...

Moonbeam Baby said...

Tell your sister that I'm sorry for her loss...
My last computer got fried by lightning, and I lost everything on it. This time I'm being more careful.

Nikki Neurotic said...

Ugh, good luck with all that. Last night I broke off my left hand alt key on my keyboard...

Moonbeam Baby said...

That sucks...
: (