Sunday, March 4, 2007

Stranger Than Fiction



~ Movie Review ~

Stranger Than Fiction
Wow. This is a great movie! I think it's become one of my new favorites. It's kind of strange, because normally I can't stand Will Ferrell. He was really good in this role, and Maggie Gyllenhaal, Dustin Hoffman, Queen Latifah, Emma Thompson, and Linda Hunt were wonderful as well. The ending was unexpected, and it couldn't have been more perfect. I want a watch like his. : )

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Harold Crick (Will Ferrell) is a dour auditor in an unnamed city (actually Chicago) for the Internal Revenue Service who is awakened alone each morning by his Timex T56371 watch, eats alone, counts the number of steps he walks for fun, focuses on ways to save time tying his tie, and brushes his teeth exactly 76 times (38 vertical strokes, 38 horizontal). One day, Harold begins to hear a feminine voice that describes his thoughts and actions as if he were a character in a book. Harold attempts to communicate with the speaker, but soon realizes the voice does not know that he can hear it. His bewilderment soon turns to anxiety when the voice narrates that his watch has set in motion a series of events that will result in his imminent death...
(From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

I give this movie 4 and a half out of 5 stars. ****'


~*Quote of the day*~

History is one of those marvelous and necessary illusions we have to deal with. It's one of the ways of dealing with our world with impossible generalities which we couldn't live without.

~*Words of the day*~

Genki desu.
(GEN-kee dess) (Japanese)

Meaning: Fine, thank you.


Currently Listening to... "Ayakashi no Izanai" - Saitou Tsuneyoshi

2 comments:

Nikki Neurotic said...

This is one of my favorite movies. I wasn't sure what to expect when I saw it when it came out but it was fantastic.

Moonbeam Baby said...

I know! It was so good... I was really surprised.