Saturday, May 26, 2007

Hogzilla's big brother...



In Montgomery, Alabama...

Jamison Stone, an 11-year-old boy, used a pistol to kill a wild hog his father says weighed 1,051 pounds and measured 9' 4", from its snout to the base of its tail. If it's true, then it is bigger than the legendary Hogzilla, which was killed in south Georgia in 2004. Hogzilla was originally thought to weigh 1,000 pounds and measure 12 feet long.

Jamison was hunting with father Mike Stone and two guides in east Alabama on May 3rd when he bagged the Monster Pig. He said he shot the huge animal eight times with a .50-caliber revolver and chased it for three hours through hilly woods before finishing it off with a point-blank shot.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

When I saw the picture on the news this morning, I couldn't believe my eyes. I thought it must be a prank, or something like that, but it's real! It reminded me of the movie "Princess Mononoke". I can't believe there was an animal like that here in Alabama. Personally, I wish they hadn't killed it. Think of how old it must have been! It would have been better if they could have captured it without harming it... but now they have enough sausage to last the rest of their lives!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing.

Moonbeam Baby said...

It really is... : )

Sebastien Millon said...

I saw this the other day, unbelievable! Totally like Princess Mononoke, I remember that hog that was invaded by spirits or something...

Yeah, it's sad that they killed it. I don't know why humans always feel the need to do that, I think it's out of pride. We should be more humble...

Moonbeam Baby said...

I agree. I think hunting for sport is too mean... poor little animals. : (

Nikki Neurotic said...

If I saw that anywhere in the wild, I'd end up crapping myself...that thing is scary!