Monday, May 28, 2007

Seraphim Falls


~ Movie Review ~

Seraphim Falls

I watched this movie without knowing anything about it. I didn't even know the basic plot, or which actors were in it. Even though I had no idea what to expect, it turned out to be a pretty good movie. The basic story was well thought out, and the acting was quite good. It is rated R, but the language was not too bad. It was mostly rated for blood/violence. There are a few "icky" parts, but I've seen much worse. One thing I really enjoyed, was spotting all the different actors in cameo appearances. I liked the ending, even though the movie started to get a little "artsy" at the end.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The film is set after the end of the American Civil War. Gideon (Pierce Brosnan) is hiding in the American Rockies, contemplating a fire. A shot pierces the silence and hits Gideon, who quickly runs away, followed by his pursuers. Soon the audience learn why: Gideon is a hunted man. Colonel Morsman Carver (Liam Neeson), a Confederate officer, has hired several mountain men to kill Gideon...

(From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

I give this movie 2 out of 5 stars. **

~*Quote of the day*~
Folks never understand the folks they hate.
James Russell Lowell


~*Word of the day*~

Itai! (Japanese)
Meaning: Ouch!


Currently Listening to... "Umbrella" - Rihanna

1 comment:

Nikki Neurotic said...

I'll have to tell my mother about this movie, she loves Pierce Brosnin.