Friday, May 4, 2007

Night at the Museum



~ Movie Review ~
Night at the Museum
I watched this movie last week, and I forgot to review it until now. Let me start by saying that although Ben Stiller is not my favorite actor, I do like him in some movies. A lot of the time his acting is a little "over the top" for me, but this role fit him like a glove. It's a comedy (of course), and it's a good family movie. It has a great cast, including:

I really enjoyed the performance of the three old security guards, and I loved Owen Wilson as the cowboy! It was fun and entertaining, which is pretty much what you look for in a family film.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Good-hearted dreamer Larry Daley, despite being perpetually down on his luck, thinks he's destined for something big. But even he could never have imagined how big, when he accepts what appears to be a menial job as a graveyard-shift security guard at a museum of natural history. During Larry's watch, extraordinary things begin to occur: Mayans, Roman Gladiators, and cowboys emerge from their diorama to wage epic battles; in his quest for fire, a Neanderthal burns down his own display; Attila the Hun pillages his neighboring exhibits, and a T-Rex reminds everyone why he's history's fiercest predator. Amidst the chaos, the only person Larry can turn to for advice is a wax figure of President Teddy Roosevelt , who helps our hero harness the bedlam, stop a nefarious plot, and save the museum.
(From Yahoo! Movies)

I give this movie 3 and a half out of 5 stars. ***'

~*Quote of the day*~

The nearer the dawn the darker the night.
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow


~*Words of the day*~

Ame ga futteimasu (Japanese)

Meaning: It's raining.



Currently Listening to... "Possession" - Sarah McLachlan

3 comments:

Amazing Gracie said...

One of my favorite pastimes on a long, boring drive is to pretend a person who is long dead (Ben Franklin, for example) is riding along with me and I am explaining all of the new technology to him! So, I think this movie will be right up my alley! Scary, aren't I?
~~~Blessings~~~

Reel Fanatic said...

I have issues with Stiller sometimes too, so I didn't have very high expectations for this one, but like you I found it to be very entertaining .. and Owen Wilsoa nnd Steve Coogan are just priceless

Moonbeam Baby said...

Gracie: That sounds like fun! I'll have to try it sometime... and I bet you'd love this movie.

Reel Fanatic: I forgot to mention Steve Coogan! He was wonderful too.

I need to read the book it was based on... it's probably even better than the movie.