Saturday, February 17, 2007

My Friend Flicka


~ Movie Review ~

Flicka
I watched this movie last night. I'm always willing to watch a movie about horses. I read "Black Beauty" and "Misty of Chincoteague" as a child, but I don't remember reading "My Friend Flicka", which is the book this movie is based on. I didn't really know what to expect, but the movie was good. It was a little slow in the beginning, but I liked the end. I really am a sucker for happy endings, and I hate movies like The Yearling, and Old Yeller (where the animal dies at the end).

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

16-year-old Katy McLaughlin dreams of fulfilling her family legacy by working on her father’s ranch in modern-day Wyoming. But Katy’s father wants more for her, insisting that Katy go to college. Katy finds a wild mustang, which she names Flicka, and sets out to make her a riding horse. But Flicka and Katy are more alike than she could have imagined. Like Katy, Flicka has a disdain for authority and is not about to give up her freedom without a fight.
(From Yahoo! Movies)
I give this movie 2 out of 5 stars. **

~*Quote of the day*~

Each morning sees some task begun, each evening sees it close; Something attempted, something done, has earned a night's repose.

~*Word of the day*~

Hachi (Japanese)

Meaning: Eight


Currently Listening to... "Animal I Have Become" - Three Days Grace

1 comment:

Nikki Neurotic said...

I've been wanting to watch that, my mother is a huge fan of horse movies as well.