Friday, February 9, 2007

My Kimono


Yay! I'm so happy - my Kimono arrived in the mail today! I bought it on Ebay almost a month ago, and it took forever to get here, but the shipping was free, so I can't complain. You may be asking yourself --- what is a Kimono? Scroll down to the "Word of the Day" to find out.
This particular Kimono is vintage, and it's made of silk. I've wanted one for years, and now I finally have one! I've been going back and forth in my mind, asking myself "should I wear it?" Or, "should I put it away and keep it as a collectible?" Kimono's were once a commonly worn article of clothing in Japan, but now they are usually only worn for special occasions; like festivals, weddings, and by Geisha. Because of this reason, they don't make as many as they used to, and the vintage ones are becoming worth a lot money. But I couldn't resist, and even as I write this, I am wearing my Kimono. It's so comfortable, and so pretty. I really love it. I wanted to buy a vintage Obi belt to tie it with, but they cost way too much, so I tied mine with a black scarf. Maybe later I'll buy a cheap knock-off Obi, and eventually, maybe I'll be able to afford a vintage one.

~*Quote of the day*~

Women who wear kimonos, when they fight, they have to keep their knees together, and when they use a sword, they have to move the sleeves otherwise it gets caught.
Lucy Liu


~*Word of the day*~

Kimono (Japanese)

Meaning: A long, wide-sleeved Japanese robe worn with an obi and often elaborately decorated.

Currently Listening to... "Ever The Same" - Rob Thomas

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's really pretty!